Thursday, 26 March 2015

Smashbox 24 Hour CC Spot Concealer - Review And Swatches

Smashbox-24-hour-cc-spot-concealer-review-&-swatches

The new Smashbox 24 Hour CC Spot Concealer is one of the most frustrating makeup items I've ever come across. The product itself is great and meets a particular need very well but it's so badly housed that it's not something I can readily recommend.

The Good
This is a concealer that does a great job at hiding dark spots and imperfections. I got it to cover some marks left over from a couple of spots I had on my chin. I was really impressed both by the coverage it gave and how long it lasted. I think it even compares favourably with the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer for covering up dark spots. It also helps to fade them over time.

It claims to be water proof, transfer proof and sweat and humidity resistant.  Using the wand it comes with, you dot a small amount where needed, wait 5-10 secs and dab it to blend. I found that it got closest to meeting the budge resistant claims when it's applied directly on to un-prepped skin as it seems to bond better with the skin when used like that. However, I mainly use it on top of moisturiser, sunscreen and foundation and, unfortunately, this seems limit its staying power.

It doesn't work too well on large areas such as under the eyes or around the nose as the formula is to drying but that's not what it was made to do. It comes in 8 wide-ranging shades.

The Bad
The problem with the 24 Hour CC Spot Concealer is that the product escapes from the tube it comes in. I think it must be because the neck is too large. The specific issue I have with it is that every time I use it and screw the lid back on product seeps out. Not only is this messy but wasteful as well, especially as you only get 2.5ml to start with.

I emailed Smashbox to ask if there's a way round this problem as I genuinely think the product works really well and I'd like to keep using it.  I received a rather generic email back saying that I could return the concealer if I hasn't happy with it. While it's good that Smashbox (like all Estee Lauder companies) has a customer friendly returns policy I'd have preferred a solution. Anyway, I hope this is something that they'll work on as I'd buy it again if the seeping problem gets fixed.

The Smashbox 24 Hour CC Spot Concealer is  £20  and available HERE.

Smashbox-24-hour-cc-spot-concealer-review-&-swatches
SmashBox 24 CC Spot Concealer Applicator And How It Seeps out The Tube

Smashbox-24-hour-cc-spot-concealer-review-&-swatches
SmashBox 24 CC Spot Concealer Swatches L-R: Fair, Light, Light/Medium Medium, Dark (Missing Shades are Fair/Light, Light Neutral and Medium Dark)

Share this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment