![]() |
| Clinique Sonic System Purifying Brush |
Clinique are bringing out their first beauty device which is bound to have the people at Clarisonic shaking in their boots and shaking their fists. The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Brush is being touted as a gentle but effective cleansing innovation. It has an oval and angled brush head with two strengths of rounded bristles: stiffer and denser green ones for the T-zone and softer and less dense white ones for the cheeks.
The Clinique device has less sonic movements compared to the Clarisonic (10,000 per 60 secs compared to 18,000) but I don't necessarily think that is a disadvantage as I always found the Clarisonic to be a bit too aggressive. Interestingly, when they were testing the product they included a group of Clarisonic users and 80% of this group said they preferred the Clinique brush.
An interesting addition to the brush hairs on the Clinique brush is silver. This is to prevent the growth of micro-organisms (gross but it happens) as the device will most likely be kept in the perfect breeding ground of a damp and warm bathroom.
As the final blow to Clarisonic, Clinique's Sonic System is going to be cheaper at around £80-85 and the replacement brush heads at around £15/16. They are due to hit the stores in September and if I was in the market for a new sonic cleansing brush I know which one I'd choose!
However, if you can't wait until then for something new and skin improving from Clinique, their new Smart Custom Repair will be exclusive to Selfridges and Brown Thomas from June 6 and will cost £48 for 30ml.


I worked for Clinique up until this year and as a former employee I find this slightly humorous. Our Clinique executives were always so against us selling Clarisonics stating that it ruined the integrity of the Clinique 3 step skincare system. and now they've come out with their own! Good for them though getting in to the market early on before the other top tier cosmetic lines.
ReplyDeleteHow interesting! I'm surprised Clinique haven't moved away from their 3 step system as it seems so outdated in this age of hi-tech serums and I don't know anyone who does it anymore. As you imply, I do think traditional skincare brands are going to start selling more devices. Both the margins from them and the demand for them is too great to be ignored!
ReplyDeleteNo interest in cleansing brushes as none of them are gentle enough for my skin. The serum does interest me though. Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus is one of the best serums I've ever used. The other being Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance serum. I think I'll drop by my nearest Clinique counter and ask if they can let me know when its available to try.
ReplyDeleteAli x