Tuesday, 24 March 2015

How To Supercharge Your Smoothies With Liquid Supplements

Liquid-Chlororphyll-Review-Yacon-Syrup-Review-Fountain-The-Beauty-Molecule-Review-Fountain-The-Glow-Miracle-Review

Lifestyle choices player a bigger part than skincare when it comes to how healthy, fresh and vital our skin looks. You can apply the most expensive creams in the world but you're skin will still look dire if you drink and smoke heavily, avoid exercise and eat crap. Of course, it's not just how you look that's going to suffer if you make bad choices but you're general health will be in tatters too.

At the grand old age of 45, I haven't smoked for 6 years, I only drink wines or beers and stick well within the weekly recommended limit and I regularly, albeit reluctantly, drag my sorry arse to the gym. I'm also a big muncher of salad and veg but have recently upped by nutritional game by getting a Nutribullet and supercharging my smoothies by adding different powder and liquid supplements to them. I've built up quite a collection but I don't use them all at once as I think that would create the wrong kind of taste explosion. I'll write about the powders another time but for now these are the liquid supplements that I've lined up in my fridge.

Liquid Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in all plant life and has a long list of benefits to us humans. It fights free radical, is anti-carcinogenic and helps with the production of red blood cells so is good for those how are anemic  or borderline anemic.  The version I have has peppermint oil added to it to disguise the pond water taste. This would be a great product if it didn't stain everything that comes near it dark green. However careful I am, the bottle leaves a trail of green everywhere. It's so bad that I won't be buying it again but will be looking for an alternative. Now Liquid Cholorphyll is £13.99 for 473ml and available HERE.

Super Yacon Syrup
This is supposed to be good for weight loss. It manages your sugar levels and can speed up metabolism. It can also boost your immune system, contains prebiotics and has anti-inflammatory properties. It's got a nice sweet malt flavour so it can help take the edge off 'healthy' tasting smoothies. A quick spoonful can also be used to satisfy sweet cravings in a guilt-free way.
Super Yacon Syrup is £18 for 236ml and available HERE.

Fountain The Beauty Molecule
The big draw of this one is that it contain bioavailable (easily absorbed) Resveratrol which is found in the skin of red grapes and has been shown to protect against the main life-limiting conditions such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes. It also helps keep skin in good condition. You can add this supplement to water but I'm not keen on the pomegranate flavour so I add it to smoothies instead. Fountain The Beauty Molecule is £24.99 for 240ml and available HERE.

Fountain The Glow Molecule
This contains the amino acid Glutathione which is a powerful anti-oxidant found naturally in most cells. It neutralises those pesky free radicals and controls melanin levels. As we age our natural levels decline and this contributes to skin becoming dull. Therefore, taking Glutathione regularly as a supplement will help keep skin bright and glowy. This is acai flavoured but it reminds me of cherry drops. I find it very drinkable just added to water but I still find it easier to add it to a smoothie. Fountain The Glow Molecule is £38 for 240ml and is available at Selfridges but it doens't seem to be available online yet.








Share this post:

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I will definitely incorporate a few. Im currently having liquid Resveratrol and Q10. I feel like Resveratrol gives me a huge boost and keeps my immune system strong as a rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say Andrea, Thank you. :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm pondering the Fountain supplements - so hard to resist those names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're really well marketed. Liquid supplements, like sprays, have the edge for me of the pill variety because I think they're more readily absorbed. I worry that pills travel straight through me without touching the sides. X

      Delete