Saturday, 17 May 2014

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour No.1 - Reviewed and Swatched

Chanel-Les-Beiges-Healthy-Glow-Multi-Colour-Reviewed and Swatched
If you have a love for make up you'll be sorely tempted by the latest addition to the Les Beiges range. The Chanel Healthy Glow Multi-Colour is an absolute stunner. However, and I hate to say this, it's not quite living up to expectations. Rather than being a multi-use work-horse of a powder I've found it actually only does one job really well and that's as a finishing powder.

It just takes too much effort to use this product as a highlighter, contour and blush, which is how I thought I'd be using it. This is because the powder is quite hard, it's not overly pigmented and the different sections are small so it's hard to get an adequate amount on the brush.

I've swatched each colour in the pan but I had to do several swipes to make the colours properly noticeable.

Chanel-Les-Beige-Healthy-Glow-Multi-Colour-Swatched
Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Multi Colour No1 Swatched

As either a blush or finishing powder (depending on you skin tone) the Healthy Glow Multi-Colour works very well and does indeed give a lovely healthy glow. I've swatched all the colours mixed up together but, rather annoyingly, it doesn't look nearly as good on my arm as it does on the face. I was unsure whether to include the image or not but in the end decided it was more informative to show the colour you'd get and explain the finish will be a lot smoother and even toned.

Chanel-Les-Beige-Healthy-Glow-Multi-Colour-Reviewed
Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Multi Colour No1 - A Swatch Of All The Colours Mixesd Together
The powder has that posh make up smell but it isn't overwhelming at all. It contains a broad spectrum SPF 15 which is a nice touch but you'd be crazy if you relied upon it for sun protection. It also has added skincare ingredients in the form of  'complex rose and cotton extracts' but I'm not sure how effective they'd be once it's been layered on top of one's moisturiser, sunscreen, foundation etc.. A brush is included in the compact but in all honesty it's a bit of a dud.

I'm sure I'm going to get lots of use out of this powder over the coming months but just not in the way I expected. If I was going to rate it I think, at a stretch, I'd only give it 3 out of 5 because I expect more from something so expensive.

For a highlighter, blush and contour powder in one compact I suggest taking a look at Lancome's Blush Subtil Palette. The colour pay off is much better and, though it is a powder, the texture is actually very creamy so it's perfect for (slightly) older women.

The Chanel Les Beiges Multi-Colour comes in two variations - 01 Light Harmony, which is the one I tested and 02 Light Harmony, which is much more of a traditional bronzer. They cost £39 and, not surprisingly really, they're selling out fast.

Chanel-Les-Beige-Healthy-Glow-Multi-Colour-No1-and-No2-Reviewed
Chanel Les Beige Healthy Glow Multi Colour No 1 and No 2


Share this post:

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post!! Great review and swatches :)
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have it and it works beautifully as that, blush, colr, highlighter, but I also am very happy with sheer coverage, I always get compliments!, I think it's a great addition if you like the CC Cretan, I am ordering the cream / fluid n this collection next, for summer here in Fl, I think it's right up my alley! Thanks for the review
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! I love how warm the shades are!

    Tsui.
    Fashion Ganache.

    ReplyDelete