![]() |
| A Gucci Westman Inspired Make Up Look |
In January's Vogue (yes, I know, it's almost time for the March issue to hit the shelves) there was an interesting beauty article about a new fresh faced look that is being spearheaded by Gucci Westman. For the an uninitiated Gucci Westman is a make up artist at the very top of her game. She's also Global Artistic Director at Revlon and a star on Instagram.
Vogue says this look could be the biggest revolution in natural make up since Bobbi Brown in the nineties. The thought that struck me was isn't the look being described something women do already when they don't have the time to do a full face and/or they don't want to look too made up. And will following some rules when doing a natural face help hone the look.
The hallmarks of this look are as follows and it's overall essence is nothing too glossy or too girly. Kind of the opposite of bombshell.
- Clean skin i.e not piling on foundation and concealer.
- Strong Brows
- Gently applied mascara
- A sweep of subtle cheek highlight
- An interesting lip stain i.e shine free
![]() |
| Make Up For The Gucci Westman Look |
So far, so 'I'm in a hurry make up'. However, when I did my make up using these guidelines it looked better and more pulled together than it normally does when I'm going go for the minimal, quick thing. The combination of the various elements do work well together and is more thought out than I thought it was.
This is what I did. I used L'Oreal Eau to Teint down the centre of my face, over my nose, under my eyes and on my chin. Gucci Westman thinks that foundation should be worn as a concealer whereas I'm more likely to use concealer as foundation so I did feel a bit exposed wearing very little base.
Next I filled in my eyebrows with my trusty Chanel Scultping Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Cendre. It's a great, natural colour if you have dark brown eyebrows as it doesn't have any redness to it. Then I set them into shape with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara.
For my eyes I cheated a little bit by adding some subtle definition with the Bourjois Intuitive Liner. This is the one that has a 3 pronged nib that makes 3 little dots that you dab along the lash line to give the effect of fuller lashes. Then it was a quick coat of the lovely Clarins Be Long mascara.
The guideline on blush from Gucci Westman is to apply it just below the cheekbones to keep it 'boyish'. Now, I don't think I did a very good job of doing that. I instinctively went a bit higher as I have the voice of Wayne Goss in my head telling me to place my blush higher up the face to give it a lift as this seems like good advice.
For my lips I used Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 by Fresh. The Fresh Sugar range of Lip Treatments are so good. They come in lovely colours, have broad spectrum SPF protection and smell delicious. Unfortunately, I think they're only stocked in the UK at their London Store but you can order by mail from them.
And this is the end result. I like it though I think I would benefit from some under eye concealer! I also like the idea that I haven't just got a minimal bit of slap on but I'm wearing a modern look as recommended by one of the world's best make up artists. What do you think?
![]() |
| The Gucci Westman Inspired Look On Me |



No comments:
Post a Comment