Thursday, 6 February 2014

Rebekka Bay's Designs For Gap

Rebekka-Bay-Tote-Bag-and-Clutch-Bag-For-Gap
New Tote and Clutch Bags from the Gap

Rebekka Bay is one of those women in fashion who has the magic touch along the lines of Jane Shepherdson, Katie Grand, Jenna Lyons and Phoebe Philo, Sarah Burton etc.. She previously worked her magic at Cos and now is Global Head of Design and Creative Director at Gap. The first collection under her direction is now beginning to appear in stores and online and it's worth checking out. The clothes are pretty much still recognisably Gap but they look a lot fresher and more cutting edge.

The bags are something else completely. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to bags which I know is silly, elitist and falling into the trap that the luxury goods market has set up. However, I don't feel any joy or excitement from getting a bag from the high street. Until now that is. I ordered 4 from the new Gap collection and because they're so well designed they transcend that how high end/low end thing and are just really stylish, lovely bags to own.

The ones I've bought are the crossbody tote for £79.95  in pink which has a lovely spring/summer feel to it and three of the clutches for £24.95 in pink, nude and green. These are so pretty with a hint of Hermes Jige about them. They can be used for evening bags and to keep small bits together inside bigger bags. I also think they'd be nice to keep jewellery or other precious things in because of the soft suede lining.

Though my bags have arrived and are as every bit as lovely as I hoped I've used the images from the Gap site to save time as there's a reason I want to get this post up quickly!

Other picks that you can buy now include the Toddesque leather loafers for £39.95, the navy bomber jacket for £59.95, the contest trim navy sweater for £29.95 and the 1969 Contrast Knee Always Skinny Jeans for £49.95.

Another piece I've seen an image of that I love is a floral print biker style jacket but that's not available yet.

Now the reason I wanted to  get this post up is that if you buy Grazia this week you can get 30% off full priced items until 10th February which is definitely a deal not to be missed!

Gap-Contrast-knew-always-skinny-jeans
Gap Contrast knew always skinny jeans

Gap-Contast-Trim-Heathered-Sweater
Gap Contast Trim Heathered Sweater

Gap-Navy-Blue-Shiny-Bomber-Jacket
Gap Navy Blue Shiny Bomber Jacket

Gap-leather-loafers
Gap Leather Loafers

Share this post:

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours of the bags....Perfect for Spring...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought! And a good price when bought with Grazia 30% off voucher. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of those bags. I can only use cross body bags, because using normal bags puts too much weight on my heart so have to be very careful. But they look perfect.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry you have a bad heart. I hope it doesn't make life too difficult for you. The strap on the large Gap bag can be adjusted so it should be able to be used as a cross body. Or maybe you should go for a back pack as they're very on trend at the mo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bags are so pretty. Very tempted x

    ReplyDelete