Thursday, 27 February 2014

Josh Wood Blending Wand Reviewed

Josh-Wood-Blending-Wand-Reviewed
Josh Wood Blending Wand Reviewed

The Josh Wood Blending Wand is a very cleverly designed  and innovative product that helps cover up grey hair regrowth. It works a bit like a fat Touche Eclat in as much as gel-like temporary hair dye appears on the brush at a press of a button which you then paint on to the offending grey hairs.

The best way to use it is to apply after washing while hair is still damp and then give a quick blast of the hairdryer as this helps the colour take and then last up to three washes. You can also use it on dry hair for quick touch ups.

I have dark brown hair which I had coloured professionally in order to get rid of the grey for the first time at the beginning of December. This meant I had enough grey coming through to give this a proper testing.

Firstly, I found it very easy to use. I did get a bit of the gel on my scalp but it come off very easily with a wipe of cotton wool. I painted along my parting and then blow dried.

The results were much better than I thought they were going to be. Though the greys weren't transformed back to a solid dark brown they were a tinted brown colour so they stood out a lot less. The reason I was pleased with this is because my previous attempts to colour my hair at home had failed as the colour just didn't seem to take to my stubborn and resistant greys. Therefore, I consider they greys being less noticeable a success, especially as greys stand out so much more against a backdrop of dark hair than they do with other colours.

I could still see the results two washes later but the colour had all but faded after the third. Using it on dry hair didn't work quite as well and think that method is really best for literally the odd strand or two.

Overall I'm really impressed with this product. It's made in collaboration with Marks and Spencer and is part of a larger range of Josh Wood hair products. I expect we're going to see a lot more pen-like hair dye products in the future. I also hope we're going to see more new and exciting products resulting from Marks and Spencer's beauty expansion.

The Josh Wood Blending Wand comes in 4 shades - Light Blonde, Dark Blonde, Light Brown, Dark Brown - and cost £12.50 for 28ml. There available from online from Marks and Spencer and at their beauty departments in store.

Josh-Wood-Blending-Wand-Dark-Brown-Reviewed
Josh Wood Blending Wand in Dark Brown

Josh-Wood-Blending-Wand-Dark-Brown-Reviewed
The Brush Head of the Josh Wood Blending Wand



Share this post:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this post - I've had it in my basket at M&S all week wondering if it would be any good.Going to order it now and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you end up liking it. My philosophy when it comes to these things is not to expect miracles but just something that just works reasonably well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. vanessa Barrett27 April 2014 at 22:54

    amazing.did all it said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this for the first time 2 days ago. Slightly messy so recommend using a small bowl and making sure the brush has even cover. Got some on my hairline but came off easily. It works better on damp hair that is then blowdried and it did not come off on my pillowcase. Result! On my mousy brown hair it covered the roots and looked very natural. This will save me some money in that I can go to the hairdresser every six weeks now rather than 4.... Recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my scalp turned red, took weeks to remove it and i only used a pea size amount. very messy not the colour that it says. will not be purchasing again

    ReplyDelete