Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Dark Circle Corrector Reviewed

Boots-No7-Beautiful-Skin-Dark-Circle-Corrector-Reviewed
Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Dark Circle Corrector Reviewed
Boots No7 offer big promises for their new eye cream. The claims are that it instantly de-puffs, revitalise and brightens and visibly reduces dark circles in just two weeks.

It has a tri-ball applicator that provides a slight cooling sensation and the cream is a peachy orange colour, which does helps counteract the of blue/grey tinge under the eyes. Unfortunately, I didn't notice a reduction in puffiness.

The main problem I have with this eye cream is that it's too greasy and therefore not a good base for any make up you apply over it. However good the formula might be for reducing dark circles, if the foundation/concealer I apply on top doesn't set and last as well as it normally does then it's not something I want to use on a daily basis. It doesn't offer enough coverage to use without foundation/concealer and I also don't like the wettish look it gives on it's own.

It reminds me of Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector, except that the Clinique one was better absorbed by the skin. However, I used it for over 2 months and didn't notice a difference to my dark circles. 

I really wished I got on better with this as it's a good price and I liked the packaging but like most eye creams I've tried I was left majorly underwhelmed.

Just because I didn't like it it doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get on well with it. If you'd like to give it a try it available from Boots at £13.50 for 15ml.

Boots-No7-Beautiful-Skin-Dark-Circle-Corrector-Reviewed
Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Dark Circle Corrector Swatched
Share this post:

5 comments:

  1. I'm starting to get dark circles and I badly want to find a product that actually works. This review has helped me narrow it down to my yay and nay list!
    Rachel x
    heartoceansecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The No7 one might work but I thought it was too greasy/wet for me to use. However, I've a feeling that there isn't one out there that's going to properly get rid off dark circles. Like your blog, btw and will start following. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yours is great too. Glad I found you. I'm actually having a good catch up with new blogs I've followed, but haven't moved from yours yet!
      I have oily/combo skin so I feel it will be too greasy like you said.
      x

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank you! It's so good to hear someone be nice about your blog. Xx

      Delete
  3. Dark circles are the bĂȘte noire, literally "black beast", of skin concerns.If your dark circles are genetic, no topical product is going make a bit of difference. Get thee a great concealer and be faithful to it. Lack of sleep or medical issues can cause them and hopefully these are temporary. I'm very critical when it comes to eye creams and don't need all the fingers of one hand to add up the ones I would recommend. However for temporary dark circles, I can recommend Fade Out's Anti-Shadow Brightening eye cream. I've had very good results with this brand and its not expensive. This has also been helpful in minimising the appearance of hollowing under the eyes. Something that you may notice as you pass 45.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete