Monday, 20 July 2015

Pure Elixir 01 Smart Age Supplement - The Nutraceutical That's Clinically Proven To Reduce Lines And Wrinkles

pure-elixir-nutritional-supplements-review-best-anti-aging-nutraceuticals-Review
For a long time my skin supplement of choice was Strength Within from Dove Spa as it was recommended to me by the top dermatologist Dr Sam Bunting.  The only problem was that if I took the recommend 3 daily tablets I got big angry spots on my chin as they contained Omega Oils.  I always get this annoying side effect from taking oils in supplement form and also if I eat too many nuts, especially brazils. However, as I didn't want to miss out entirely on the benefits of Strength Within I took just one a day. About 8 months ago when I tried to restock my supply I couldn't find them for sale anywhere. I kept looking for them but it appears for whatever reason they're no longer available.

During one of my searches I came across an alternative that's turned out to be much better for me. Pure Elixir 01 Smart Age Supplement has very similar ingredients but no Omegas but the addition of Marine Collagen Protein. This means I've been able to take the full dose without getting even the tiniest of pimple.

Pure Elixir is a newly launched company and the 01 Smart Age Supplement is their first launch. Their website is still a bit thin on the ground for information so I got in touch with them and had a long chat with the founder, Amanda. I came away convinced of her integrity and impressed by her passion for making supplements that really work. She insists on only using high grade ingredients and no bulking agents. The supplements have been formulated to contain a daily dose in one pill which is far more convenient that having to remember to take three a day.
Here is the full list of ingredients:

High Grade Marine Collagen - Antioxidant, prevents and repairs damage from environmental factors, stimulate fibroblasts and thicken the epidermis, anti-inflammatory

Vitamin C - Antioxidant, Supports healthy connective tissue and collagen production

Soya Isoflavones - Supports collagen formation and works to limit photo-ageing

Low molecule weight Hyaluronic Acid -Powerful anti-inflammatory, supports skin healing

Vitamin E - Antioxidant

Tomato Extract ( Lycopene) - Antioxidant and UV protection

There is increasing evidence that taking skin supplements that contain the right mix of nutrients such as 01 Smart Age can be highly beneficial. They help by supporting the skins natural collagen production, and having an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant effect. The brand say that their clinical trials have shown that lines and wrinkles are reduced after 8 weeks of use and improvements continue with on-going use. You can also expect other results such as smoother and more even toned skin along with healthier hair and nails.

Dove Spa also carried out clinical tests for the no longer available Strength Within supplements that showed similar results. There's another supplement, Collagen Renew by IOMA, that contains comparable ingredients that has also been submitted for clinical studies and, again, showed similar results. In fact, while researching for this post I came across another very recently published clinical trial on PubMed that also showed good results albeit with slightly different ingredients. Basically, I think the evidence is strong that these type of supplements improve the quality of skin. However, the main reason I'm taking 01 Smart Age and will continue to do so is my belief that they have a preventative benefit and slow down the ageing process. 

The reason I favour the 01 Smart Age over the IOMA mentioned above is that the 01 Smart Age contain Marine Collagen but no Omegas (which of course can be taken additionally if tolerated) and they only need to be taken once a day while IOMA needs to be taken threes times a day. However, the really big difference is price - a 3 month supply of 01 Smart Age is £100 and a 3 month supply of IOMA Collagen Renew would cost £240. 

In short (after a rather long review) I have high hopes for Pure Elixir and look forward to seeing what's coming next in the Smart Age series of products. 


Pure Elixir 01 Smart Age is £40 for 1 months supply or £100 for 3 months supply.
Share this post:

1 comment:

  1. I have been taking 01 Smart Age for 6 weeks now and have noticed a definite improvement in my skin tone, particularly in my cheeks which are undoubtedly more plump. I am 50 and have had several comments recently on my skin, with friends asking if I'm using a new foundation.
    I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete