Thursday, 30 July 2015

Neostrata's Skin Active Dermal Replenishment - My Favourite New Moisturiser

Neostrata-Dermal-Replenishment-Review
Regular readers of this blog will know that I have a preference for skincare brands that fall into the clinical/cosmeceutical/advanced category. The reason for this is that they're generally far more effective than anything you'll find in the department store and they're better value too. Basically, these are the brands that cosmetic dermatologists recommend to their patients and NeoStrata ranks highly among them.

I've been trying out Dermal Replenishment which is a relatively new addition to the very popular Skin Active range from NeoStrata and my skin has been drinking it up. Neostrata suggest that Dermal Replenishment is particularly suitable for women who are approaching or going through the menopause and, admittedly, I'm in that group. However, I also think it would be great for anyone whose skin is dry or dehydrated. It would also be good as I post-holiday treat for the skin that had been exposed to more sun than intended.

During the last few weeks I've kept a fan on overnight by my bed because my flat is quite stuffy. Before I started using Dermal Replenishment I'd wake up with my skin feeling dehydrated but since I've been using it this hasn't happened. I think this is as good as test as any of it it's hydrating and protecting powers.

The aims of Dermal Replenishment are to intensely hydrate, lift and firm and strengthen the skin barrier. It does this with a combination of high grade actives which are as follows:

NeoGlucosamine -  A non-acid amino sugar that gently exfoliates. This helps diminish fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. It also helps with plumping and firming. NeoGlucosamine is a building block of Hyaluronic Acid.

Prodew - Provides amino acids essential for Natural Moisturising Factor to hydrate and reduce moisture loss.

Maltobionic Acid - This is a Poly Hydroxy Acid that has a large molecular structure so it absorbs more slowly and this makes it non-irritating.  Maltobionic Acid is part of the Bionic Acid family. It retains moisture, strengthens the skin barrier, helps build GAGs and prevent collagen destruction. It also provides antioxidant properties to prevent against environmental damage.

Matrixyl  Peptides - Stimulates collagen production and helps with general skin repair.

Aminofil - This is NeoStrata's patented active which is a tyrosine amino acid derivative that works with peptides to build up skin volume and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

Chardonnay Grape Seed Extract - An additional active to protect against environmental stress.

Dermal Replenishment comes in a hygienic pump dispenser and has a light skincare-like scent which I can't imagine anyone would object to. The only drawback is that it's only sold through professional skincare outlets such as medispas, clinics and salons.  There's a map  of stockists on the NeoStrata site which, unfortunately, isn't that easy to navigate. You can also call 01234 313130 to find your nearest seller. It's also available from pro skincare online sites such as Face The Future, Dermacare Direct, and Effortless Skin all of which I've used before and can recommend.

Dermal Replenishment by NeoStrata is £63 for 50ml.

Review-Neostrata-Dermal-Replenishment

Share this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment