Saturday, 20 June 2015

I Heart... Pomelo by Jo Loves

JO-Loves-Pomelo-Review-Jo-Malone

A lot of beauty blogging revolves around the latest launches and new discoveries which is great and generally what people want to know about. However, they're a lot amazing products that have been around for a while that I think deserve attention. With that in mind, I've started a new series I Heart... so I can put the spotlight on my beauty favourites that I wouldn't be without.

Discussing fragrances is not something I particularly relish. Like with wine and art there's a vocabulary involved that I not fully confident in using. But, to use that cliched expression, I know what I like and I like Pomelo by Jo Loves. And I like it a lot. I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to fragrances and tend to favour the perennial classics like Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar by Guerlain. So, the chances are that if I love a scent then it's one that's going to have widespread appeal. In fact, Pomelo has such an attractive smell that Jo Malone herself says that people stop and ask her what she's wearing when she has it on and this is something that's happened to me as well.

For those that don't know (and I didn't until relatively recently) pomelo is a large citrus fruit that looks a bit like a grapefruit. In fact, it's said that a grapefruit is a hybrid of a pomelo and an orange. Therefore, Pomelo the fragrance, is citrusy and fresh. It also contains vetiver and white rose notes that add a softness and slight woodiness to it. Unlike a lot of citrus-based scents I've tried Pomelo has great longevity so a little goes a long way. It also leaves a nice trail but is in no way overbearing. Another point worth mentioning is that it's unisex (and unisexy!).

Pomelo is very much a happy scent that lifts energy levels and moods. It's no exaggeration to say that I'm quite addicted to it. Of course, favourite scents are a subjective matter but I hope I've tempted you enough to check this one out as it's very unlikely to disappoint.

Pomelo is £95 for 100ml and £45 for 30ml and is available from Jo Loves.

*This post contains a press sample.




Share this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment