Monday, 27 April 2015

MyShowcase - Mini Product Reviews

MyShowcase-Review-&-Ameliorate-Review-&-Neom-Feel-Refresshed-Candle-Review-&-Face-Stockholm-highligher-Review-&-Bandz-hair-ties-Review-&-Antonia-burrell-Cleansing-oil-Review

A little while ago I wrote about a new way to work within the beauty industry which is to become involved with MyShowcase. The full post is HERE but the quickest way to describe MyShowcase is to say that it's like a cross between Avon and Space NK. The way the company differs from other home selling opportunities is that the products they carry are from a variety of well-respected brands (hence the Space NK comparison).  Also, there's no hard sell involved and MyShowcase are rightly keen to distance themselves from this off-putting tactic.  Anyway, I was sent a few of their products to try so here's what I think of them...


Antonia Burrell Natural Glow Cleansing Oil - £39
I know I'm not the first one to say this but the Natural Glow Cleansing Oil is such a pleasure to use. You massage it into skin and it turns milky when you add water to rinse. I really feel it removes dirt/impurities but most importantly it emulsifies well so there's no residue left on the skin. The best thing about it though is its scent of cypress, lavender, lemon and bitter orange. I'm not usually big on products that have an aromatherapy slant but this one has me hooked. And, as it does smell so good, I end up massaging my face for a good few minutes so as to prolong the hit to my senses and this helps my skin look extra clean and glowy.

Ameliorate Body Lotion - £27.50
Keratosis Pilaris is the medical name for the those hard bumpy dry patches of skin on the upper arms which are more commonly known as to as chicken skin. I've suffered from it since I was about 15 and have tried many different creams in an attempt to lessen it but never with any success. Finally, there's a product that's been specifically formulated for this problem and it actually works. Ameliorate Body Lotion has a high level of Lactic Acid, moisturisers and skin conditioning ingredients that breakdown the build up of accumulated dead skin that the bumps are made up of, unplug the pores to stop them reforming and smooth the skin. The brand doesn't promise overnight results but I've been using it for only two weeks and I've already seen an improvement. Ameliorate won the best body moisturiser  at the prestigious Beauty Shortlist Awards for 2015 and it's easy to see why.

Bandtz Radient Orchid Set (3) - £12.90
Julia Gabella's, the founder of Bandtz, describes these ties as lingerie for the hair as they're made from lacy trims. And while they certainly are pretty and delicate, they are also robust and durable. I've been wearing mine pretty much constantly over the last few weeks and they haven't lost their shape or stretch. The also don't snag, break, crease or generally damage the hair which is an important requirement. They come in other colours but I think the bright orchid contrast well on my dark and the bow is a lovely touch.

Neom Scented Candle (Travel) in Feel Refreshed - £16
Though described as a travel candle you are, of course, allowed to use it at home which is what I've been doing to great effect. Feel Refreshed is a combination of Sicilian lemon and fresh basil and when lit the refined scent gently wafts round the room. It also has the appearance of a luxury candle and I don't think the image on the site quite does justice to how good it looks in real life. It's one of those things that will make a thoughtful gift or is a nice treat to oneself.

Face Stockholm Highlighter in Healing - £22
I first became interested in Face Stockholm makeup after visiting their shop in NY. The colours and formulas are spot on and it has that pro-range feel to it. The cream Highlighter I was sent is a good multi-tasker, like all good highlighters should be. I think the shade will work best on me once I've faked-up but on my pale skin it works well as a bronzer, eye shadow on it's own and to add depth underneath powder eyeshadows. Once my skin tone's gone a shade or two deeper it will also be perfect for under the brows, above the cheekbones, shoulders and decolletage. It has a very smooth consistency and has good last for a cream formula.

Share this post:

2 comments:

  1. MyShowcase is such an interesting concept and definitely one I will be taking a look into! You got some really fab bits here, especially love the sound of the Natural Glow Cleansing Oil! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, the Antonia Burrell Cleansing Oil is amazing and I highly recommend it. Do check out MyShowcase - it's a flexible way to earn some money doing something fun and interesting! xx

      Delete