And I'm back. Apart from a quick post on the new and interesting Miracle Cushions from Lancome, I've been a bad blogger and not posted for over two weeks. And even before that I wasn't posting as much as I'd have liked. There are a few reasons for this which I won't bore you with as they're all very mundane. The important thing is that I've got loads of fab content planned and as long as I don't get sucked into binging on The Good Wife Season 5 (which has just become available on 4OD) the posts will be coming thick and fast.
First up is a review of some products from a perennial favourite of mine, NARS:
Night Series Eyeliners
These are a spin-off of the lovely Night Series Eyeshadows. The eyeliners are only available in 4 shades (compared to 9 available shades of the Night Series eyeshadow) but I think they've picked the best 4 suited to become eyeliners. Basically, the Night Series Eyeliners are black and infused with micro-pearls of either blue (Night Flight), purple (Night Bird), green (Night Porter) or gold (Night Clubbing).
I have Night Bird and Night Clubbing and find the pencil glides on smoothly and evenly. Like the eyeshadows, the pencils can be built up so the colour of the micro-pearls is intensified.
I think the assumption is that these eyeliners are for wearing after dark but that would be missing a trick. Unfortunately, as we age our pupils tend to have a flatter, more uniform colour to them due to the limbal rings fading. By defining the eyes with something that contains a bit of subtle, light reflecting sparkle it can enliven them which, in turn, brightens the whole face. The Night Series eyeliners over the right amount shimmer to get this effect and they're also very long-wearing.
![]() |
| Night Series Eyeliner In Night Bird And Night Clubbing |
On the whole, I've never noticed enough of a difference between drugstore and premium brand liquid liners to justify paying for a high end one. However, I have found the NARS Stylo Eyeliners to be a cut above the rest. Firstly, they're really easy to apply either very finely or more densely. It also doesn't bleed and lasts until you take it off. I've had a little nap while wearing it and it wasn't disturbed in the slightest.
I have the black and the blue and I do find the black a bit harsh on its own but looks great with some grey eyeshadow on top to soften it. Opinion is divided on whether older women should give up black eyeliners once they reach a certain age and I tend to think they should but it really is a personal thing. However, I think the blue is perfection and I prefer it to the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Denim Ink which I previously used all the time. The other shades it comes in are brown (Nuku Hiva) and grey (Koala).
![]() |
| Stylo Eyeliners In Atlatnic And Carpates |
Velvet Lip Liner
The big thing about these new Velvet Lip Liners is that very creamy and very pigmented. They absolutely stop feathering, help fill in cracks in the lip line and have good staying power. I found they do give a softer, slightly less precise (more natural) edge compared to more traditional harder lip pencils which I think a lot of people prefer but not everyone. The colours that I was sent aren't ones I would have picked out myself but I'm surprised how much I like Playa Dorado which is tangerine and a shade that I think looks really fresh and modern. It's the perfect match for the NARS Audacious Lipstick in Geraldine. Because they are so pigmented they work well when used to fill in the whole lip and with a slick of clear balm on top and there are 12 shades to choose from.
The Night Series Eyeliners are £19 , the Stylo Eyeliners are £20.50 and the Velvet Lip Liners are £16.50. All are available from NARS counters or ONLINE.
Also, The NARS the new spring collection, Eye Opening Act, is definitely worth checking out. It includes a gorgeous cool- toned 6 pan eye shadow palette, a new Multiple and, my favourite, Matte Velvet Shadow Sticks. Hopefully, we'll also get the Dual Instensity Palette which is already out in the US. If I didn't already have most of the shades in it I'd definitely be hankering after one of those.
![]() |
| NARS Inoubiable Coup D'Oeil Eyeshadow Palette |
![]() |
| NARS Matte Velvet Shadow Sticks |
![]() |
| NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Patette |






No comments:
Post a Comment