Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Why Dermaviduals Is A Great Choice For Those Who Have Had Treatment For Cancer

Dermaviduals-review.jpg

Recently, an old friend (as in I've known her a long time) asked me for some skincare advice following her successful treatment for cancer. The best advice I could think of was to go and see Donna from the Face It clinic. Not only is Donna hugely qualified in all skin-related matters but she's responsible for bringing the Dermaviduals brand to the UK, which I've previously written about HERE. My feeling was that as this range would be the most ideal for my friend as it's free from nasties, reasonably priced, customisable, and highly effective. Anyway, here's what happened next...

I went along to my appointment at Face It with some trepidation. Having never had a skin consultation before and being very aware that I am over 40 with a poor track record of consistent skin care and also having been through a rather gruelling assault on my skin in the form of radiotherapy treatment for cancer, I was not hopeful that there was too much that could be done.
  
The first step in my assessment was to have my photo taken. This was not a usual photo but a photo taken by OBSERV, a black light device which was going to scan my skin to identify where and how badly it had been damaged. This sounded very science fiction to me and when I saw the photo it didn’t disappoint. The image has a sort of glowing effect to it (skin fluorescence), but equally it is absolutely fascinating to see your skin in this way and it was used as the basis for my consultation.

Before viewing the image Donna, the therapist at Face It, asked me about my skin’s history. Had I baked it in the sun as a teenager, what were my ethnic roots (having Scottish blood prompted questions around any ginger colouring in my family), anything else she should know? She explained why this information was important and then we viewed the image.

To my surprise and delight, Donna said that she could not see any major damage to the skin - however, it did need some help.  She then went on to explain how skin dries out and how very often, the help you think you're giving your skin, may in fact be having the opposite effect and causing the dryness.  She explained the concept behind Dermaviduals and how these products do not cause this drying out effect and how the product is formulated so it is similar to the skin and taken up by it quickly so it doesn’t leave you looking and feeling all greasy.

This all sounded great to me and I was happy to get started, but unfortunately we couldn’t move ahead just yet with me covering myself in products, as the outer layer of skin needed to be attended to.  In turn, this would help the lower layers regenerate and so Donna applied a face mask which basically removed dead cells/dirt and gave the top skin layer some attention. In time, with a healthier top layer, the products would have a fighting chance of assisting the deeper layers of skin.

I felt great and I looked ‘better’ after the mask and other creams had been applied. Donna explained that the process of getting my skin to a healthy state would be one of months or years and not days or weeks. She put together a batch of Prescriptive Serum - containing Vitamin C, Kiwi Seed Oil and Copper Peptides - which were the ingredients she'd put on my skin during the consultation. Over time this serum will be adapted as our knowledge of what worked best for my skin grows. 

I use the serum morning and night and also use the DMS High Classic at those times.  In addition, twice a week I use the Enzyme Skin Renewal.  I have switched out my cleanser for the DMS Cleansing Milk too, which I use morning and night.

I have been using these products for 8 weeks now and I love them. I do not have any tightness on my face, my skin looks plumper and healthier and less tired. I really expected to see and feel a difference in my face when the weather turned colder, but I haven’t done and I attribute that to these products and them protecting my skin from the elements.  My face feels smooth without feeling oily and I am sure my fine lines are less noticeable. 

I would highly recommend these products. In my view the simplicity of them is a big win – I do not feel that I am paying for fancy packaging or an unnecessarily sophisticated delivery mechanism of the cream.  I like them. They don’t smell and they just get on with doing what they are supposed to – making my skin healthier and in turn, helping my self-confidence and self-esteem. I am definitely in it for the long-term, but am sure that over these two months, already my skin has been benefitted hugely.

Face It is in Highgate, London and for appointments call 0208 340 1770. For Dermaviduals stockist info go HERE or you can buy directly from Face The Future.

Dermaviduals-review.jpg

Observe-Review
Dermaviduals-review.jpg

Share this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment