Back in March I wrote a post explaining how Sephora's international shipping service worked. Initially I wasn't especially enthusiastic about using it, or at least not as much as I thought I would have been, and this was mainly due to all the charges and restrictions. However Sephora's now changed it's terms and I've found making regular orders has become hard to resist.
The first change is that the shipping costs have decreased from £10 to £6 if you spend over £75before taxes and duties. I think this is quite reasonable to get a package couriered from America especially considering Harvey Nichols charge £6 to deliver an order inland. Also, all my recent orders have arrived within in a few days of making them.
The next welcome difference is that you can now spend your reward points which do build up quickly. Also, you can add the weekly specials and promo deals to your basket on top of the three samples you could include originally. What's strange is that when I checked with Sephora the official line from them is that promotional orders can't be included due to customs regulations. However, I've definitely received them in my last couple of packages.
As an example here's how things worked out with my most recently received order: I bought the Sunday Riley Artemis Oil and the Supergoop Eye Cream and it came to £136.29 including shipping and taxes. If I'd have bought the same products from SpaceNK it would have worked out to be a few quid more at £140. However, with my Sephora order I also used my points to get a Marc Jacobs mini eyeliner and a Make Up Forever Microfinish Powder. I used a promo code to get a large sample of the Amore Pacific Cushion Compact which includes two shades and a sponge. The three samples I chose were the Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream, Kate Von D Make Up Remover Wipes and a Glam Glow Hydrating Mask. All in all, not a bad little bundle!
Unfortunately, there is still restrictions on ordering perfume, nail varnish and from some brands. However, there's still plenty of exciting products to choose from. For instance, in my latest order I'm getting a serum that won't be available to buy in the UK for several weeks and another skincare product which I think can't even be legally sold here. Expect an update on these from me soon!

I still haven't made an order from them but I'm really itching to!
ReplyDeleteBeauty for the Beauty
did they charge yoy tax and handling fee
ReplyDeleteYes, they give you the final amount before you pay. They're aren't any extra costs after that. Hope that helps. x
DeleteDo you know how much the postage is if you spend under £75?
ReplyDeleteReally sorry for the late reply. Previously, I think the answer would have been about £14 but I just made an order and postage was only £3 on amounts of £78 and £56 (I was trying out different amounts) which is brilliant! xx
DeleteI tried the same thing, but postage came out to be £12 :/ do you know why?
DeleteUnfortunately, I've since experienced the same thing. It appears they've changed it back so the cheapest P&P option is £6 when you spend over £75. x
DeleteWhere did you put the codes for the special offers? Just placed an order with them last week. And don't remember seeing anywhere to put them.
ReplyDelete