One of things that happens to our face as we age is that the contrast between our facial features and skin diminishes. Skin becomes slightly darker and the colour of lips, eyebrows, etc. fade. Unfortunately, this contrast, or lack of it, has been scientifically proven to be a major way people judge how old someone is, albeit unconsciously.
The below image is taken from a study carried out by Prof. Richard Russel that shows the same woman looking younger in the picture where her features have been digitally altered to give more facial contrast and definition. Thankfully, we can now give our faces the photoshop treatment with the brilliant new make up range Studio 10, which has been created specifically with the 35+ women in mind.
Photo Credit: Centre de Recherches d'Investigations Epidermiques et Sensorielles
|
All the products in the Studio 10 range make easy work of getting a great complexion with defined features. I've been using a selection of the products over the last few weeks and have had a lot of fun with them. They're high quality and long lasting which, of course, is great but I've also really enjoyed experimenting with their transformative powers. It's like visual trickery for the face.
Here's what I've been using:
Age Reverse Perfecting Canvas SPF 30 in Light
This is a lovely duo of cream foundations that is light in texture but still evens out tone and disguises flaws with its optical diffusing pigments. There are two shades in the compact and you use the dark one for contouring or to make your own custom blend. The formula includes Suberlift that provides a lifting and firming effect, a vitamin complex and Nyamplung Oil which helps to reduce photo-ageing. The Age Reverse Perfecting Canvas SPF 30 is £34
![]() |
| Age Reverse Perfecting Canvas SPF 30 in Light - Swatch |
Double Ended Face Brush
This works perfectly with the Perfecting Canvas. You smooth the cream on with the finger pointed end and buff and blend it in with the other end. The end result is a natural and flawless finish. The Double Ended Face Brush is £28.
Youth Lift Glow-Plexion
This is one of those products that can be used in many different ways. It can go on before foundation, after foundation and mixed in with foundation or body moisturiser. I like to use it as a highlighter on my upper cheekbones as it reflects light but isn't overly shimmery and it lasts all day. I actually can't think of a highlighter I like better than this one. Again, it contains Suberlift along with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamins C & E. The Youth Lift Glow-Plexion is £24.
| Youth Lift Glow-Plexion Swatch |
I-Lift Longwear Liner in Mocha
This is a double-ended beauty of a pencil. The Mocha end is dark brown and can be used to subtly define the lash line or built up for a more intense look. There's no drag and the colour stays put until you take it off. Even during the most humid and sweaty weather we've recently had this didn't budge. The other end has a flesh colour that I apply to my waterline for a wide eye effect. A lot of flesh coloured pencils I've used in the waterline show up way too much and this just looks weird. This one neutralises any waterline redness but isn't at all obvious. I also use it to neutralise the bluishness in the the inner corners of my upper eyelids. The I-Lift Longwear Liner is £22.
Brow Lift Perfecting Liner
On one of end of this liner is a neutral toned mid brown that gives eyebrows more shape and depth but without making them look man-like and heavy. The other end contains a highlighter which I use just under and over the eyebrow arch to give a lift. This also works to make the eyebrows seem more defined. The Brow Lift Perfecting Liner is £22.
Age Reverse Perfecting Lipliner
This is my personal pick of the bunch because it's given me my lip line back as it's beginning to resemble the edges of a relief map. I use the rosy coloured end to line and fill my lips as it gives them a smooth line and a lovely, naturally youthful colour. I use the nude coloured end just over my lip line as it gives the illusion of more full lips. The Age Perfecting Lipliner is £22.
I have given links directly to the Studio 10 site but the range is also available at Cult Beauty.
![]() |
| From Top To Bottom: I-Lift Longwear Eyeliner, Brow Lift Perfecting Liner, Age Reverse Perfecting Lipliner |
![]() |
| Top: My Lips Lined With Age Reverse Perfecting Lipliner Bottom: A Slick of Ultrasun For Lips SPF 30 Over The Top |
| Studio 10 Eyeliner, Brow liner and Lipliner |
*This post contains PR Samples



No comments:
Post a Comment