Tuesday, 1 July 2014

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow Collection - Review And Swatches

NARS-Dual-Intensity-Eyeshadow-Review-And-Swatches

Earlier this evening I attended a preview of the long-awaited NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Collection. The range is made up of 12 shades that can be used either dry for a subtle and sheer look or wet for more depth of colour and intensity of finish. I thought the best way to put them to the test would be to get a wet and dry swatch of each them.

Unfortunately, the lighting conditions weren't great but it's still possible to see how lovely the shades are and the difference between the dry and wet applications. A lot of people said they preferred the wet look and it's definitely more striking. However, I think the toned down look of the dry application is extremely flattering and wearable. I suppose you could describe each compact as having a saint and sinners option to it!

I'm probably stating the obvious but you can use them both wet and dry when creating a look. For instance you could use a swipe of the colour dry and then wet the same colour and use it as an eyeliner. To use wet, you dampen your brush and mix on the surface of the eyeshadow to make a creamy, even textured mixture.

Other things of note are that the outside finish to the compacts has a more rubbery feel than the usual NARS packaging and it doesn't seem to get marked with fingerprints so easily. This is good news for fusspots like me who like their make up packaging to look clean and new. The Dual-Intensity compacts are also square, chunky and the lid is magnetic so snaps shut in a hugely satisfying way. 

My favourites in the collection are 1. Giove, 5. Phoebe, 7.Himalla, 10. Lystihea and 12. Callisto.

NARS Dual Intensity are £21 and available exclusively from SpaceNK until 1st August when they'll go nationwide.

NARS-Dual-Instensity-Eyeshadows-Dry-Swatches
NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Collection Dry Swatches (Click To Enlarge)
NARS-Dual-Instensity-Eyeshadows-Wet-Swatches
NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Collection Wet Swatches (Click To Enlarge)
The Shades
1. Giove (Navy)                            
2. Sycorax (Black)                                  
3. Subra (Black Orchid)
4. Europa (Gossamer Pink Peach)
5. Phoebe (Deep Shimmering Amethyst)
6. Desdemona (Rich Shimmering Burgundy)
7. Himalla (Shimmering Topaz)
8. Andromeda (Alabaster)
9. Cassiopeia (Iridescent Electric Pink)
10. Lysithea (Shark Grey)
11. Dione (Metallic Champagne Beige)
12. Callisto (Icy Pink Silver)

NARS-Dual-Intensity-Eyeshadow-Collection-Wet-And-Dry-Swatches
NARS Dual-Instensity Wet And Dry Swatches

Share this post:

8 comments:

  1. love NARS, they have such nice colors :)
    http://ssstyled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, how things? Been trying to leave a comment here for 5 mins. Blooming computer playing up! Lovely review. Goodness all those swatches!! Were you at the pop up event? I couldn't make it sadly. We'd have met - finally! I do like NARS colours. Himalla is my favourite here I think. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was the pop up thing and what a shame you couldn't make it. Thank you for the lovely feedback and not giving up in trying to make it. On a computer, trying to do something for 5 minutes that should only take 30 secs can seem like a lifetime. NARS colours really interest me as they're always so good. I actually asked at the event about how they're created and was told it done by Francois Nars and his product developers and they can spend years getting a colour right. I'd really love to see the process first hand. I've just posted images from the Fall Collection on pinterest actually. Anyway, hope things are really good with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this brand :)
    Your blog looks absolutely beautiful, I love the layout!
    I’m looking forward to read your next article ;)

    ~Xx~ Julia
    Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, What a lovely thing to say, thank you very much indeed! Alex x

      Delete
  5. The difference between wet and dry is unbelievable, especially with #12. Great post!

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, Thank you very much for your sweet comment. You're right about the wet/dry difference. I think it's fair to describe them as a 2 for 1 product. X

      Delete
  6. Wow these colours are beautiful! Great post!

    grubandbeautymontreal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete