Sunday, 20 July 2014

Avon Anew Clinical E-Defence Multi-Shield SPF50 Day Lotion and Deep Recovery Cream - Review

Avon-Anew-Clinical-E-Defence-Multi-Shield-SPF50-Day-Lotion-and-Deep-Recovery-Cream-Review

The Avon Anew Clinical E-Defence Multi-Shield SPF 50 Day Lotion is a prime example of how far everyday sunscreens have improved over the years. Not only is it easy to wear, i.e. not thick and greasy but it also helps defend skin against environmental aggressors such as pollution, smoke and infrared radiation (the light emitting from our computer screens and mobile devices) which, lucky us, is the latest thing to be concerned about.  And of course, the biggest environmental enemy of all is UV rays and for that it's got a broad spectrum chemical sunscreen of SPF 50 that protects against UVA1, UVA2 and UVB rays. Though the term 'chemical sunscreen' might sound off putting there's nothing to be scared of and, in fact, a lot of experts think chemical sunscreens are safer than the mineral sunscreens that are broken down to nanoparticles so the formula looks and feel better.

Anyway, back to the Anew Multi-Shield SPF 50. It's moisturising, loaded with antioxidants and has a consistency and texture that can be applied liberally enough (i.e. a teaspoon for face and neck) to get the stated SPF protection without feeling heavy or pilling when make up is applied on top. It's suitable for sensitive skins and I use it around my eyes and it doesn't make them sting or water. It's also fantastically good value.

I've tried a lot of new sunscreen recently and this, along with  the Zelens one, are the best of the bunch.

The Anew Clinical E-Defense Deep Recovery Cream is a product that's been making the headlines recently and is a night cream that works in tandem with the day lotion. Again, it's very hi-tech and claims to help repair damage caused by the naughty environmental aggressors and protect the skin against further damage.  It does this with something Avon have called 'Smart Repair' which boosts the intelligent protein in cells which helps heal damage. It also helps shield the skin from further damage and contains lots of antioxidants such as algae extract and green tea polyephenols.

I haven't been using it long enough to say if it works and I think measuring skincare claims are very hard to judge, especially when it comes to assessing whether it's preventing damage. However, I can say that this is a nice moisturising cream to use and my skin feels soft and looks plump in the mornings when I've put it on the night before.

The Avon Anew Clinical E-Defence Multi-Shield SPF 50 Day Lotion is £20 for 30ml and available HERE and the Anew Clinical E-Defense Deep Recovery Cream is also £20 for 30ml and available HERE. At the moment, when you get the Deep Recovery Cream you also get a Beauty Bonus Set. For free shipping on orders over £20 use the code GOOGLE20

*This post contains PR samples.

Avon-Anew-Clinical-E-Defence-Multi-Shield-SPF50-Day-Lotion-and-Deep-Recovery-Cream-Review
The Avon Anew Clinical E-Defence Multi-Shield SPF 50 Day Lotion
The Anew Clinical E-Defense Deep Recovery Cream

Share this post:

6 comments:

  1. I find Avon's creams really heavy on the fragrance. Is this one the same?

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ai, I'm not too keen on heavily scented creams but these are actually fragrance free and don't really smell of anything at all. I can really recommend the day lotion with SPF50. I've ordered a couple more - 1 to keep in my gym bag and 1 for my handbag for on the go touch ups and backs of hands. X

      Delete
    2. I think I'll give it a try then. Their Anew Ultimate 7S eye cream is a favourite with me. Unscented as well.

      Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Please let me know what you think. X

      Delete
  2. links aren't working for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for letting me know. I've updated and they should now be working x

    ReplyDelete