Monday, 10 March 2014

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Extraordinary Facial Oil - Reviewed

L'Oreal-Paris-Age-Perfect-Extraordinary-Facial-Oil-Reviewed

The new L'Oreal Paris Facial Oil has been getting rave reviews. It's the first face oil from a drugstore brand (that I can think of anyway) and is seemingly good value at £19.99 for 30ml. However, I didn't like it.

When a product is universally liked but I don't get on well with it it could well be that the problem is with me and not the product. I don't want to put people off from trying something that might work for the them but at the same time I'd be a pretty useless beauty blogger if I held back on my honest opinion.

The main issue I had with this oil was that it made my skin itch. Not so much that it had me clawing at my face but enough to be annoying. Also, the itching made me worry that the oil was irritating my skin in more than just a superficial way. My view on oils is that while they can have lots of benefits they should be used with caution, especially by those who are prone to spots. Rightly or wrongly, I prefer to use face oils two or three times a weeks as a treatment but I always wash it off before going to bed.

Anyway, back to the L'Oreal oil. The scent is similar to that generic aromatherapy smell but a lot sweeter and a bit fake. Having had a look a the ingredients it does contain added perfume which would account for the less authentic and natural smell. It also might account for why it made my skin itch. 

L'Oreal claim this oil smoothes, replenishes and brightens and suggests it can be used daily. The included oils they're flagging up are: Lavender, Marjoram, Romarin, Geranium, Rose, Chamomile, Orange and Lavandin. Here is the full list of ingredients where you can see that added fragrance is quite high up on the list:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Olea Europaea Oil/Olive Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Zea Mays Oil/Corn Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Passiflora Edulis Oil/Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil/Rice Bran Oil, Tocopherol, Limonene, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil/Orange Peel Oil, Citronellol, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geraniol, Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Eugenol, Coumarin, Sclareolide, Rosa SPP/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, F.I.L #D159186/5.

If you fancy giving this a go it's available from Boots. Have you tried this oil and had better luck with it than me? Or, is there another face oil you recommend?

L'Oreal-Paris-Age-Perfect-Extraordinary-Facial-Oil-Reviewed



Share this post:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow and also thanks so much for the honest review!! Look forward in reading more of your blog posts!

    bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the list of ingredients: now I know that this is an expensive bottle of perfumed olive oil!

    ReplyDelete