As I have a friend heading to New York next week I've been looking at the US sites of Maybeline and L'Oreal Paris so I can compile a shopping list to give to her. I found it very interesting to see all the things we don't have here so I thought I'd do a post on the best of the bunch, starting with Maybeline. Hopefully some of them will be making it to the UK before not too long.
Color Elixir by Colorsensational
First up is a liquid lipstick with doe foot applicator, not dissimilar from what we have see already from YSL and L'Oreal Paris. Therefore, it will be interesting to see if this formulation is better. The official blurb describes it as 'hyper-saturated and ultra cushiony' which is a great bit copywriting. I'm very much in favour of the chrome and and clean lines look of the packaging. In the US there are 20 shades but I expect it's unlikely we'll even get half that number when it launches in the UK.![]() |
| Maybeline Color Elixir by Colorsensational in Raspberry Rhapsody |
Color Tattoo Pure Pigment
Next is something that has been on the radar of British beauty bloggers for sometime now and that is the Color Tattoo Pure Pigment. I'm in two minds about this. Firstly, only a couple of the more neutral colours appeal to me. I think I'll leave the wearing of colours such as 'Brash Blue' and 'Pink Rebel' to those younger and braver than myself! Secondly, I'm concerned they might be on the messy side to apply. However, the idea of a drugstore brand doing pure pigments is an interesting one. It's a good example of how makeup manufacturing techniques are advancing so what used to be a premium product can now be be made for the drugstore market.
![]() |
| Maybeline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment in Buff-n-Tuff |
Master Smoky Longwearing Shadow-Pencil
Though these have had some rather mediocre reviews I'd thought I'd include them as I think we're bound to get them here. They're another product that is half eyeliner and half eyeshadow with the purpose of easily and quickly creating a smoky eye. One of the ends is a swivel up, thick tipped and creamy pencil and the other a smudger for blending. They come in 6 quite toned down shades.
![]() |
| Maybeline Master Smoky Longwearing Shadow-Pencil in BlackSmoke |
Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Washable Mascara
I don't think you can have a post about new products from Maybeline without mentioning their latest mascara. The USP of this one is that it is dual ended with a fat brush for top lashes and a skinny brush for the the bottom set. Having used Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara I can attest to how well a smaller brush head works at giving good definition to the bottom lashes. However, I'm put off by the packaging of this one. This might sound superficial but if you can't be superficial when it comes to choosing makeup when can you be!
![]() |
| Maybeline-Falsies-Big-Eyes-Mascara |




