Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Clarins Instant Concealer Reviewed



Clarins Instant Concealer Reviewed
Clarins Instant Concealer

Under eye concealer is right after mascara on the list of make up essentials. As most people have discolouration under the eyes it's one of those products that makes a big improvement to ones' general appearance.

Clarins latest offering in this area is a good one. In fact, it has become one of my two favourite under eye concealers. The reason I like it so much is that it doesn't cake and make under eye lines look so much worse than they actually are or look like I've got a shovel load of make up on. I think one of the things that people forget when applying under eye concealer is that it can look good in the mirror when your face is still but it can kind of crack when you talk or change expressions. I think it's preferable and less ageing to have a slight bit of discolouration rather than heavy looking under eye make up but with this product you don't have to make that compromise.

When I first apply it, it does sink into this one under eye crease that I have but I only need to blend this away once and it doesn't come back. I think the coverage is good and find that it wears off within a few hours rather than sinks in and dries out.

The official blurb claims that the caffeine and aloe vera in it has an anti-fatique and smoothing action but that is not something that is easy to precisely assess. However, I can say that the overall formulation of the product gives non drying coverage of my blue/purple under eye shadows and this makes me look fresher and healthier.

Even though this is a product specifically for the under the eyes, I have used mine to conceal redness round my nose and found it worked very well so there's no reason it can't be used for general correcting and illuminating.

The other big positive with this product is that it is good value. The tube has 15ml of product and the RRP is £20. As a comparison the YSL Touch Eclat pen has 2.5ml of product and a RRP of £25. The reason for the disparity is mainly down to the cost of the Touch Eclat pen applicator compared with the simple Clarins tube but for that difference I'm happy to blend with my fingers or one of the brushes I already own.

The Clarins Instant Concealer is available here and comes in three shades.

Clarins Instant Concealer Reviewed - Before Photo
Before - Without Any Make Up

Clarins Instant Concealer Reviewed - After Photo
After - With Clarins Instant Concealer in 01

A Spot of Clarins Instant Concealer In 01 On My Finger

Share this post: