Wednesday, 23 October 2013

L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint - Reviewed With Photos


L'Oreal-Nude-Magique-Eau-De-Tein-Reviewed-With-Photos
L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Shade 
While I've wanted to try the Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation for quite a while now I've been put off by the price point. My mind hasn't quite been able to adjust to the idea of paying closer to £40 than £30 for a foundation. Then I read the description for L'Oreal's Eau De Teint  and it sounded suspiciously familiar. The fact that Armani Make Up fall under L'Oreal's umbrella of companies cemented my hopes that this was going to be a similar product.

As I haven't tried the Maestro I can't compare the two but I can tell you that Eau De Teint has a high end feel and finish. The formulation requires a vigorous shake before depositing some on your fingertip or into the palm of your hand. Care is needed here as the product is thin and runny. I find it applies and blends easily using my fingers but using a brush would work equally well, if not better. I think the best way to describe the texture is liquid velvet - it really is very nice to use.

The coverage is light, a bit 'your skin but better'. To me this is a good thing as I think heavy foundation can be aging. Basically, it has a colour correcting and smoothing effect, drys to a semi matte, powdery finish and is non drying. A friend in her early thirties and my mother in her early seventies both really like it as well so I suspect that preference for a light coverage will be the deciding factor on whether to buy this foundation and not age.

L'Oreal Paris Eau De Teint Straight From The Bottle - Shade 100
Now for the downsides. My biggest gripe is that although it contains an SPF 18 it doesn't protect against aging UVA rays (read here to find out more on this issue). Also, it only comes in 6 shades, compared to 12 in America, and they're at the paler end of the spectrum.  It doesn't last that long on me and needs re-applying after about 2/3 hours.  It has a slightly foundation/chemical smell when you sniff it from the bottle but I didn't notice it from a drop tipped on to my fingertip. However, I think this is actually better than adding a perfume and potential irratant to the formula to mask the ingredients' smell.

I also want to point out that the bottle holds 20ml and not 30ml which is how much you usually get when buying foundation. But for the price I don't think that is worth complaining about!

The RRP is £.9.99 but Boots is offering it at an introductory price of £6.99 in store and here


L'Oreal Paris Eau De Teint - Heavily Swatched On The Back Of My Hand


Me Wearing A Light Application Of Eau De Teint In Shade 100/Porcelain

Share this post: