Friday, 20 September 2013

The Best Beauty Gadget - The Simplehuman Sensor Mirror


The-Best-Beauty-Gadget
Good Light is a must for applying make up well and nothing can beat natural sunlight but this is often not an option due to poor weather, time of day and so on. However, I think found the next best thing with the Simplehuman Sensor Mirror.

I hesitated for quite a while before I took the plunge and splashed out £140 on it. I mean how good can a vanity mirror be, right? Well, surprisingly good in this case. It's very sleekly designed, freestanding with adjustable height and tilt (so requires less handling which equals less foundation fingerprints), it's rechargeable and automatically lights up when you put your face to it. It also has 5x magnification but seems to shows much more detail than my old mirror of the same magnification.

Okay, now for the downsides. I've already mentioned the exuberant cost but I can just about justify that because it's so convenient to use, my make up now looks significantly better and it makes hair plucking easier. Another potential problem is that the light is very bright and can be a bit startling if your eyes aren't well adjusted to light before you look at it.

Finally, I wouldn't recommend this mirror to anyone who is overly self critical as it does show up every flaw. This is definitely not the tool to have if you're going to examine every pore, line and wrinkle and then feel rubbish for the rest of day. However, if you happily accept no one has a perfect complexion but will use the mirror to make the best of what you've got then I heartily recommend it.

You can read more about it and buy it here
Share this post: